Anar Karimov has as expertise in banking and finance; commercial and corporate law; employment, migration; litigation. His professional experience: Legal counsel, Islamic Development Bank (Saudi Arabia); Head, Foreign Investments Dept., Ministry of Economy (AZE); Partner, «Ekvita» law firm; Lecturer, commercial law, Baku State University.
Education & Training:
- PhD in international trade law, Academy of Science, Azerbaijan
- LLM, American University, Washington DC, USA
- LLM with honours, Baku State University
- Bachelor with honours, Baku State University
- Trained in banking & finance, project management, int. trade (Bahrain Banking Institute, Duke University etc.)
- Trade policy, World Trade Organization, Switzerland
- Course in International and European studies, Austria
- Internship, US-Azerbaijan Chamber of Commerce, USA
He is fluent in Azeri, English and Russian, knows Turkish, and French.