Kelley Drye & Warren LLP is an international law firm founded in 1836 with approximately 350 lawyers and other professionals practicing in New York, NY; Washington, DC; Los Angeles, CA; Chicago, IL; Stamford, CT; Parsippany, NJ; and Brussels, Belgium, additionally offering a full scope of legal service through our affiliate relationship with the Mumbai-based independent law firm, Fortitude Law Associates.
Kelley Drye helps clients reach their business goals by providing legal advice in more than 30 practice areas, delivered with efficiency, lean staffing, excellence in advocacy, early resolution of litigation and use of state-of-the-art technology.
For more than 170 years, Kelley Drye has provided legal counsel carefully connected to our client’s strategies and has measured success by the real value we create. Although the practice of law has evolved with time, the value of outstanding client service – and Kelley Drye's commitment to providing it – have remained unchanged.
Kelley Drye leverages the creativity, teamwork and hard work of our attorneys and professionals to meet the needs of U.S. and international companies across a wide spectrum of legal specialties. Clients select us as counsel not only because of our expertise and attitude, but for many other reasons, some of which include:
- Our Commitment to Providing Practical Advice – Clients vouch that we provide actionable advice that's timely and on-point. How? We understand the driving legal and business issues in each client's industry and proactively communicate how developments, such as new regulations or case decisions, may impact them. With an appreciation for efficiency and our clients' expectations, we know when to deliver an oral opinion, a to-the-point email, or in-depth research and analysis. Clients count on us for clear advice they can immediately put into action.
- Our Foresight and Creative Solutions – Kelley Drye lawyers work together to prevent problems for our clients and minimize the impact of those that occur. We anticipate challenges and identify solutions that draw on the firm's breadth of experience and capabilities. By way of example, on occasion attorneys from one practice are pulled into seemingly unrelated matters to pursue opportunities that clients might not otherwise have realized they had. In these matters, and myriad others, we connect the dots and devise creative approaches to achieve better-than-expected results for our clients.
- Our Breadth of Expertise – Not only does Kelley Drye have exceptional lawyers, the firm also includes non-attorney professionals with a breadth and depth of expertise spanning various areas. Subject matter experts in fields such as business, government relations and economics help add nuance to our legal arguments and serve as valuable resources for clients. Among other professionals, we draw on the knowledge of patent agents with Ph.D.'s in mechanical and electrical engineering; economists who provide invaluable support in mergers, international trade disputes and other matters; and government relations advisors with experience on Capitol Hill and in U.S. government agencies.
- Our Investment in Technology – Kelley Drye makes extensive investments in knowledge management, litigation support and work-product retrieval technology to continually drive greater efficiency, service quality and client savings. For example, we offer extranet capabilities for sharing information and documents with clients in a secure and streamlined manner.
- Our Focus on Process Improvement – Continually looking for better ways to serve our clients is built into the DNA of the firm. We are vigilant in searching for ways to improve all our key business processes to ensure we remain cost-effective, efficient and responsive.