Volodymyr Shkred graduated with the LL.M. degree from the Kyiv Shevchenko University School of Law, Central European University School of Law (Budapest, Hungary) and the Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law, USA. He started his career as a junior lawyer in a Ukrainian law firm in Kyiv where he was involved in investment projects and disputes resolution including the arbitration resolved under the ICSID Arbitration Convention. Further in his career Volodymyr Shkred acted as a head of legal and general counsel for MTS Ukraine (now Vodafone Ukraine) and SUN Interbrew Ukraine (now InBev) and a legal intern with Mary Kay Inc. (Dallas, TX). Volodymyr is fluent in English, Ukrainian and Russian and he has working knowledge of German and Hungarian.
From 2008 Volodymyr had returned to independent legal practice as a partner in a major Ukrainian law firm and then – as a founder of his own law office. Mr. Shkred has gained his experience in cross border dispute resolution (including arbitration), cross-border banking (with emphasis on trade finance and secured lending), cross-border mergers and acquisitions, cross-border investments and investment disputes with mutual funds, disputes involving corporate fraud and trademarks fraud, corporate insolvency, restructuring and winding-up.
A few projects are worth mentioning for illustration:
- Represented Detecon International GmbH in an ICAC at UCCI arbitration against the mobile operator Kyivstar, JSC on a strategy project and enforcement of the award in Germany.
- Represented a “Magic Circle” law firm on recognition and enforcement action of a DIS arbitral award against a major Ukrainian law firm.
- Represented a seller of the Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil (involved four jurisdictions).
- Represented an Israeli producer in a cross-border dispute on a trademark fraud against a Cypriot distributor (in four jurisdictions).
- Represented a Ukrainian investor on reinstating a control over a UK LLP in a fraud case by the LLP manager and administrator (involved five jurisdictions).
In Cyprus and the United Kingdom a full range of services is carried out through our network of licensed professionals and partners:
- Company formations.
- Establishment of Cyprus and International Trusts.
- Maritime disputes.
- Incorporation of LLPs, LPs and LLCs in the UK.
- Provision of a registered office, nominee director(s) and shareholder(s).
- Provision of secretarial services.
- Administration and management services.
- Know Your Client (KYC) services.
- Bank account management.
- Issuance of certified copies of various certificates (incl. Apostille services).
- Company searches of the statutory information held by the Registrar of Companies.
- Applications for registration of company names, trademarks or proprietary names.
- Drafting agreements.
- Audit and Assurance Services.
- Cyprus Tax Services.
- International Tax and planning.
- Accounting and VAT Services.
- Real Estate Services.
In Ukraine services on: dispute resolution including taxation matters, intellectual property rights, accounts receivables; corporate insolvency, company formations and privatization, secured bank loans and export financing, restructuring and insolvency.
Direct partner involvement throughout the process of a project ensures a timely delivery and secures achievement of your business objectives.
- Tel.: +380-44-294-0898